Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Box it in!

Gave in and bought a Givi box today. Been stuck in the rain one too many times. Went for at least 2 meetings drenched wet. So during my 3,000 km service, installed a Givi bracket and E33 box. Bought a substantially better Givi raincoat and paid RM508 for the entire bill :`(












I was afraid it was going to look ugly, but it doesn't look THAT ugly. Just reasonably bad. Its not a huge box, and only fits one full face. But it will store my raincoat, water + gel, rain slippers/shoes.

3 comments:

  1. Hey JT! Remember me, Lydia Wan?
    I bought the same bike too, been riding since last year as well! Looks like you did quite a few mods to your bike, they look quite good.

    I'm still thinking of changing my tyres to larger ones, cos the rear tends to skid in wet conditions. Maybe I can get some tips/recommendations from you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lydia, ofcoz I remember you. How interesting that we're riding the same bike!

    Yeah, mine skidded before on a wet u-turn. The Kenda tyres are well known for their slippery-ness. The cheapest alternative are getting Duro tyres. If you don't change the rims, the rear rubbers can go up to size 120 (that's the width). Some jokers even go up to 130/70. My duro is only 100/80.

    Here are some references:
    - http://myenthusiasts.org/fz150i/index.php/topic,17772.0.html
    - http://yamahafz150.blogspot.com/2011/09/its-alive.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is there any updates for this bike during 2013? Or it's been sold?

    ReplyDelete